Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dry Ice Bombs

Yesterday, I tried putting some crushed dry ice into a 20oz coke bottle. I added hot water, then screwed the cap on. After tossing it into my neighbor's back yard, I took off inside. (would you want to be on hand when the "authorities" discover a smoking crater in your neighbor's yard? I thought not.) After a blast that probably sent Russian soldiers diving for their foxholes, I went to investigate ground zero. It wasn't too bad: a small divot, little pieces of frost and dry ice lying around. When I finally found the bottle, I was impressed. It looked like someone had tossed it into a blender for a few hours on "liquidize." I must admit that I was rather disappointed when the cops didn't show up. After all it was loud enough.
After several more experiments, I fully realized the power of those things. Perhaps it would be fun to go "depth charge fishing." Perhaps it would be fun to blow out my NEW neighbor"s mailbox. By the way, the old ones left about a week ago. Anyhooze, there're plenty of fun things to do with dry ice bombs.

No comments: